Fun at Disneyland

Fun at Disneyland

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Still trying.....

After 10 days with both the Seroquel and the Risperdal, we're not seeing any improvement. The psychiatrist wants us to stop on of the Ap's - I suggesting stopping the Seroquel since that causes him to overeat and to be sleepy. Happily, she agreed. She wants to double the Risperdal dose and spread that out over the day and also keep going up on the Lamictil (the mood stablizer). I guess that's the plan.

I confess I was hoping for something to work a little faster.

James is also is rare form and is almost more exhausting than Blake. With Blake, it's opposition, negativity, hyperactivity (lots of movement, lots of noise, extreme executive functioning issues, etc.). With James, it's emotional over-reactions, whining, frequent spills, accidents, things that need my interventions, high demand for attention and zero impulse control. 

At least his night terrors are better. I had been giving him Clonidine to help with sleep since the Ritalin was making it hard to settle at night. He was having severe night terrors every single night. I have now switched to a 1/2 a Benedral and that seems to do the trick. Helps him get to sleep and he has not had one night terror on it.

We spent the past 5 days in Las Vegas. We went for Thanksgiving vacation and actually had a nice time. I was very hesitant to go, but told myself that we have to try. We can't always stay home because it's easier. All the kids really enjoyed themselves and mom and dad got to have some fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment