Fun at Disneyland

Fun at Disneyland

Monday, October 31, 2011

Here comes the sun

It's really wonderful to see how much the Risperdal is helping Blake. Since it was causing some nausea and vomiting, we lowered the dose by more than half. I can tell he will need more, since there is some breakthrough of old behaviors and inflexibility, but we have to go slow to avoid the nausea.

But even still, it is amazing to see him...the real him, shining through. He doesn't pick fights, argue incessantly, say no to everything, get super out of control hyper, run and scream through the house, shreik and leap around. There was always a level of chaos in the house and to have the chaos gone...well it's peaceful. Peace. There is peace in my house. It feels so good. I can even feel some of my stress melting away.

Most importantly of all, he is happy. He has said lots of times how great he feels. That is music to my ears. In the end, that is all us parents ever want.

I am trying to just take everything as it comes and not get carried away with pushing him to go too fast. And I am trying to control my mind from running away on me and planning his whole future. :) I am doing a good job so far, I think, of being gracious, loving and full of praise and encouragement. It is pretty easy to do that though! I missed this child I have seen the past three days. It's so good to have him back.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so happy for you and Blake! Those brief moments when I get a smile or an "I love you, mom" out of the blue make my heart swell and my eyes tear up because I have missed them so much! I can only imagine how optimistic and excited you must be!

    Best wishes!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. Since we've decreased the dose, the great response we saw initially (for 2 blissful days) has pretty much diminished. We are back up to the original dose (but split into 1/2 am and 1/2 pm instead of 1 whole pm)and have been there for 2 days now. I am hoping to see a good response tomorrow or Tuesday....I saw that great response once, so I am optimistic we can get the med balance right and see it again on a regular basis. (Just hoping soon! It's so hard to be patient.)
    ~ Cassie

    ReplyDelete